It has been a month since our Chief Medical Officer gave the green light for dental offices to open to the “new normal”. It has been wonderful to see all the faces that we have missed so much over the last couple of months. A big “Thank you” to everyone that has helped us do our best to keep everyone safe. We still need to be mindful of the potential for new cases as we move further into the summer with more people on the move.
With that being said the staff of Wade Abbott Dentistry & Associates are reminding patients of what to expect as we move forward.
- All patients will be contacted at least one business day prior to their appointment by text, email or phone with a list of screening questions to be answered.
- Masks are mandatory prior to entering the clinic (if you do not have one call ahead before entering for staff assistance)
- Only patients are permitted to enter the clinic (one parent of small children or an escort/guardians of infirmary patients will be allowed in)
- We ask that all personal belongs (ie: purses and bags) be left home
- Hang jackets/outer wear in the closet as they are not permitted past the foyer (only MCP card, insurance information and form of payment is permitted)
- Cell phones are not to be used in the treatment rooms
- Check in at the front desk where you will be given hand sanitizer and seated following social distancing rules
- Before entering the clinical area, your temperature will be taken, and COVID-19 screening questions will be asked again (parent/guardian as well)
- You will be asked to rinse with 1% hydrogen peroxide rinse prior to any treatment to lower viral loads in the mouth
We will continue to control patient flow and social distancing. Masks are mandatory and are to be worn before and after your treatment. Hand sanitizer will be used on arrival as well as departure. There may be times where you have to wait to see the doctor. Please be patient as new guidelines set out by our governing board has restricted how we see patients.
Clinical staff will continue to wear medical grade gowns, masks, and face shields.
We take pride in providing medical grade air purifying units with HEPA filtration and germicidal UV lighting in each treatment room. We will continue to follow enhanced precautions to insure we are maintaining as safe of an environment as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our staff.
Wade Abbott Dentistry & Associates